Doors are the first things people see when they come to visit. What does your door say about you? Does it call on to those who will potentially be your friends? French doors are popular for its very unique design. The glass panels allow much of the scene and the light from the outside to be viewable from the inside.
Nowadays, the staining and designs on the glass obscure much of what can be seen from the outside, so that you can get the homey feel of traditional French doors while still enjoying your privacy.
Another modern addition to the French door design is the blinds. They can be made of vinyl, aluminum, fabric, or wood. They can be drawn to provide privacy and opened if you want to enjoy the view. They come in different colors to be able to match the rest of your house and are available in different sizes too.
Advantages of French Patio Doors with Blinds
1. Vertical blinds are good because they can give a considerable amount of coverage and can be slid easily out of the way.
2. Horizontal mini blinds can be custom fit to cover the window only, so with this option you can allow coverage without destroying how your French doors are supposed to look like. They are very easy to use and your French doors will still look beautiful even if they are drawn.
3. Vinyl blinds are most durable and easy to maintain.
4. Wood blinds can accent the look of your French doors.
5. Faux wood blinds are easy to maintain, just like vinyl.
Disadvantages of French Patio Doors with Blinds
1. Vertical blinds can totally destroy the look of your French doors when they are closed.
2. Wood blinds are very expensive, so you might want to use faux wood which is a composite of wood and vinyl, while still looking rich and elegant.
Remember that you opted for French doors for the way it looks. If you decide that you want to put blinds, it is important that you do not take away to elegance and inherent attractiveness of French doors. Be careful when making your choice and do not rush into buying the first one you see.
Your door is the heart of your home and you want it to welcome your visitors the way you would welcome them to your home.